Stonewall Quarter Share, an initiative of Stonewall Community Foundation, is a group of young individuals committed to effecting lasting and positive change in New York City’s LGBTQ community. Stonewall Quarter Share (SQS) operates as a giving circle through which each member makes a monthly financial contribution of at least $25; three-quarters of the total money raised by SQS supports Stonewall Foundation, while the remaining “quarter-share” is awarded in grants to LGBTQ-focused organizations and projects democratically chosen by members. Stonewall Quarter Share aims to provide financial support to Stonewall Community Foundation and other LGBTQ organizations in New York City; inspire a lifelong passion for philanthropy; develop the next generation of leaders in the LGBTQ community; and connect members through meaningful social, service, and educational events. We hope that you will join our team!
Stonewall Quarter Share Founders Reflect
- “Stonewall Quarter Share provides me with the opportunity to learn about local LGBTQ non-profits that I would have otherwise not known about – local organizations that need our support.” – Evan Thompson, Goldman Sachs
- “Stonewall Quarter Share members are exceptional people. I’m inspired to be involved with a community so passionate about expanding the boundaries of what’s possible for LGBTQ people in New York. And it’s fun.” – Dante Mastri, American Express
- “Stonewall Quarter Share is like a gym membership for the soul.” – Thai Pham, Bolder Giving
- “Being part of Stonewall Quarter Share means being part of something groundbreaking. It brings together individuals committed to influencing the LGBTQ community in a real way and it multiples the impact of my personal giving.” – Justyn Makarewycz, Zicklin School of Business
- “I believe in the simple but powerful pooled-giving model of Stonewall Quarter Share: it creates a space for learning and strategizing, and also will have direct financial impact on the local LGBTQ community.” – Addison Smith, Wellspring Advisors
Your tax-deductible contribution helps us provide critical skills, resources and connections for New York City’s LGBTQ non-profits.